Taratahi has been successfully training Kiwis for agricultural careers since 1919. Taratahi's own assets, and assets they manage on behalf of others, now equates to over $100 million. Taratahi has 42,000 stock units of sheep, beef and deer and milk 2,000 cows. Taratahi offers full-time courses, diploma programmes, short courses and an Agriculture in Schools programme which includes Primary Industries Trades Academy, STAR and extra mural study. We have a residential campuses near Masterton in Wairarapa, Balclutha (Telford) and at our Central North Island Dairy Academy (near Taupo), with non-residential campuses in Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Taranaki, Manawatu, Hawke's Bay and Southland. Taratahi was built on the generosity of one man, Sir William Perry, who bequeathed his farm located in central Wairarapa to the Crown as a training farm for men returning from the First World War in 1918. The original costs were funded by gifts and public donations and a further Government contribution of $18,000. The original Centre commenced operation with 60 men receiving practical farm training.