Marlborough's first Ford dealer, Edward Parker, a general trader, took on the franchise about 1913.In 1920. Dix and Sons obtained the franchise and re-located to dedicated motor garage premises. However when they took on Chevrolet in 1927, they lost the Ford franchise which went to the Lucas Brothers. Ed Lucas, and his brother Fred, who had started a service garage based in Seddon in 1919. In 1929, Lucas Brothers confirmed their commitment to the motorists of Marlborough and constructed a purpose built Dealership in Alfred Street. Blenheim (Which remained for over 60 years) When Ed Lucas retired in 1958, his son Ted took over the Blenheim business, which he ran for a further 33 years. Ted Lucas remembers the day he made his biggest ever sale, to Montana Wines in 1973. He delivered 26 new Ford Tractors together with a variety of plough's, cultivators, loaders and water tankers. How could he forget a massive sale like that! In 1998, Colonial Motor Company purchased the Ford Franchise in its existing location on Nelson Street Blenheim and operated till 31 March 2010 when it was sold to respected local vehicle dealer Paul McKendry.