Leask Engineering was established in 1958 by Ray Leask who quickly developed a reputation for technical expertise, servicing the needs of the surrounding communities and businesses. Initially Leask Engineering's focus was on the manufacture and erection of structural steelwork throughout New Zealand building over 70 schools, freezing works and factories.
When a local English farming family showed Ray a picture of a herringbone milking parlour made of wood, he built one from galvanised pipe. Before long Leask Engineering was a key supplier to New Zealand's burgeoning dairy sector which had gained an international reputation for low-cost quality milk harvesting. This launched Leask Engineering's status as experts in building farm milking parlours. Over the years many innovations have been designed and manufactured by Leask Engineering for cow flow optimisation, milking comfort and efficient milking operations. Today Leask Engineering is still a family owned business which exceeds customer expectations nationally and internationally as it continues to provide premium dairy parlours and yards.